Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thoughts on Spotify from a MyFreeConcert perspective

I've been a longtime supporter and user of the European based music startup Spotify. In fact, it has been nearly two years since I created a group that sought to bring the service to this country. You can join it in support here. Many of my friends and associates have been using the service and are quite frustrated with its lack of a legitimate U.S. launch.

If you don't know what the service is, this article in Wired will basically give you the lowdown. And trust me, if you like listening to music at all, and this whole idea of free you will like his. Wired called it the "coolest service you can't use".

So do you want to use it? Yeah, you probably do. Well I didn't break this story, but it tells you how to gain access. It is nothing new, but the mainstream press seems to finally be catching on to the ease at which this is possible.

Obviously, your ability to sample music for free would be vastly enhanced. How do you think I often decide on which free shows I want to go to?

No comments:

Post a Comment